The BLADE Network Technologies RackSwitch G8264 is a 10 and 40GbE switch specifically designed for the data center, providing speed, intelligence and interoperability on a proven platform. The RackSwitch G8264 offers up to 64 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet and up to 4 x 40 Gigabit Ethernet ports with 1.2 Terabits per second throughput in a 1 RU footprint.
Designed with top performance in mind, the RackSwitch G8264 provides line-rate, high-bandwidth switching, filtering, and traffic queuing without delaying data. Large data-center grade buffers to keep traffic moving. Redundant power and fans along with numerous high availability features ensure that the RackSwitch G8264 is always available for business-sensitive traffic.
The low latency offered by the RackSwitch G8264 makes it ideal for latency sensitive applications such as high performance computing clusters and financial applications. The G8264 supports the latest protocols – including Data Center Bridging / Converged Enhanced Ethernet (DCB/CEE) for support of Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE).
RackSwitch G8264 Information
• Single ASIC switch design
• 1280 Gbps non-blocking switching throughput (full duplex)
• 48x SFP+ ports that operate at 10GbE or Gigabit speeds.
• 4x QSFP+ ports that operate at 40GbE or as 16 additional 10GbE ports
• Enhanced processor and system memory
• Line-rate, low latency, high-bandwidth switching, filtering, and traffic queuing.
• Large data-center grade buffers keep traffic moving.
• BN-8264F-BDL (Front to Rear Airflow)
• BN-8264R-BDL (Rear to Front Airflow)
• witch-resident software—VMready™ with Virtual Vision—keeps network security policies with the virtual machines as they migrate across the data center
• Server-like directional cooling to maximize data center layout and provisioning.
• Superior airflow design complements the hot-aisle and cold-aisle data center cooling model
• Supports QSFP+ and SFP+ Direct Attached Cables for low cost and easy connectivity
• Server-oriented provisioning via point-and-click management interfaces.
• BLADEHarmony™ Manager for updating large groups of switches.
• Easy access to ports, plus shorter depth for more acceptable bend radius.
• 1x10/100/1000 Ethernet RJ45 port for out of band management
• 1 USB port for mass storage device connection
• 1 mini-USB Console port for serial access
• Server-like port orientations enables short and simplecabling
• Redundant, hot swappable power supplies and fans come standard.